Thursday, June 14, 2012

What am I doing?

     What am I doing?  That is a question I ask myself often.  3 times in the past 2 months I have been standing on a beach at sunrise asking that very question.  I am a triathlete.  That's right, me.  Tom Rockhill, Rockhill, Tom Tom, Fisherman Tom, or whatever you may know me as.  The out of shape, sometimes obese, heavy drinking, heavy smoking funny guy you all know and love.  A year ago I made some changes in my life and now I am a triathlete, but that is a story I will tell you later. 
     2 years ago my friends Joe and DeDe had a baby boy.  I know what you are thinking and no, I'm not racing a 2 year old.  I am racing for a 2 year old. My friend Evan was born with a rare skin disease.   It is called Harlequin Ichthyosis and I will buy you a beer if you can pronounce it right the first time.  This means Evan requires a lot more care than any other 2 year old.  Evan is lucky he's got DeDe as a mom, she's taken care of me after a hard night of partying a few times.  Read more about their story on his blog. 
     With me being in Florida and Evan and DeDe being in Connecticut I am helping the only way I can.  That is by raising money for research.  All donations will go to the FIRST Foundation in Evans name.  FIRST is a national non-profit organization connected to its members and families by the special skin and unique management needs of individuals affected with ichthyosis and related skin types.   I copied and pasted that all by myself!  I wrote this whole blog all by myself!!  Check back for more, and thanks for your help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment